looooooooooooooossssssssssiiiiiiiiddddddddd.
Thursday April 29th 2010, 3:00 pm
Filed under: Uncategorized

I am so jealous of everyone that has frequent lucid dreaming experiences. Although I have read some articles and texts about the subject, and spoken to many people about their experiences in lucid dream, I cannot for the life of me understand how a person can train themselves to experience them.

It reminds me of the fact that we use some increibly microscopic percentage of our brains on a daily basis, and some of us, in little moments in little ways can use a little bit more.

The best example I can think of in this realm is an experience that has happened with my friend Kerri and me over the last 8 years or so.

We are (were rather) attched at the hip, shared a lot of our most imporant life experiences together, and were relatively on the same page about most ideals in life. We also felt eachother’s pain, happiness, exciement, etc.

Then one day, she went on the nicotene patch to try to quit smoking. Apparently, you shouldn’t leave it on when you sleep because it affects your brain and in turn, your dreams, making you dream vividly, etc. (I don’t know the science of this, simply what I was told).

So that night, I had an insane dream about her. I cannot remember at all what it was about but it was as if she was me, in my body, I was dreaming for her. Very strange. So she called me in the morning and told me of this wierd experience she had that night of dreaming for me in my body. I WENT NUTS. We had almost identical dreams. I began to question if such a thing was possible. I decided it wasn’t. But what if, for brief periods of time, some strange, inexplicable phenomena can and does actuall take place, but we just write it off because it is “impossible”?

Just a thought…